HAPPENING IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD|
BRONX CROSSWORD PUZZLE #8
After a too-long hiatus, our most popular feature in years continues
with the 8th interactive online crossword puzzle, educational, annoying and challenging!
- Recent Bronx Board developments:
- The problem with accessing the NEIGHBORHOOD WALLS OF FAME has been fixed, so those of you who asked can finally go and memorialize your neighborhood, friend, or loved one.
- Thanks to Linda and Barry Goodman for a wonderful set of pictures from P.S. 94 from 1959 to 1963. They're now available for you to see in our CLASS PICTURES GALLERY, the largest collection of its type on the internet!
The last mystery photo was very surprisingly identified in less than a day after it appeared, considering its realtively obscure location and content. Hmmmmm..... The latest MYSTERY PHOTO is an example of typical Bronx from the 1930s. Can you pinpoint its location?
- With a selection of vignettes from her life in the Bronx, frequent contributor Myles Schulberg's mom has been warmly memorialized in his latest Bronx Diary entry.
- 24 entries were added in our Alumni Database
- 7 names were inserted in our Missing Persons List
- 5 more Bronx-related books have found their way into our Bookstore
- 2 new entries were placed in our list of Reunion Announcements
- Scores of new topics are on our Nostalgia Message Board
- Our Neighborhood Walls of Fame await your message, dedication, memorial, or plain old graffiti. PLEASE HELP US FILL THEM UP!
- HELP US FIND...
Help your fellow former Bronxites find their old friends! Check the Missing Persons List regularly. If you know the whereabouts of someone on the list, email the person who entered the name.
- Keep in mind:
Click on the "street signs" along the side of this page to access the various features of this site.
- Want to enjoy The Bronx Board even more?
- Press the F11 key on your keyboard while you're here. Press it again when leaving.