Posted by Misterl
on Sunday, October 11th 2020:
In Reply to: Re: GunHillStation was called ? Dinkey Why posted by Larry from PS96 on Sunday, October 11th 2020:
The Dyre Ave. line was part of the bankrupt New York, Westchester & Boston RR. The section from 180th street to Dyre Ave was purchased by New York City in 1940. It only ran a two car train (the dinky) as a shuttle. Around 1950 it was fully incorporated into the subway system with full length trains continuing past 180th. Street and into Manhattan.
Reference ID: BX89063
Post a Response